2016 SHRM Annual Conference Recap from Washington DC
SHRM 2016 Convention Exhibitor Expo Recap:
More 15,000+ attendees (including nearly 2,000 global attendees) plus more than 650 vendor booths. HRO & HRTech exhibitors by product/service segment:
- More than 100 Business & HR Strategy Service Firms: Diversity Services, Management Consulting, Organizational Development, & Outsourcing. More than two dozen Global HR service and consulting firms.
- More than 55 technology providers of Employee Management: Engagement, Communications, Awards & Motivations & Performance Management.
- More than 200 Health, Wellness, & Safety firms.
- More than 100 Talent Acquisition & Retention firms.
*Duplicates exist as companies are listed in multiple companies.
#SHRM16 Blog Recap Links & Sources:
#SHRM16 Themes, Topics, Trends, Priorities, & Opportunities
- HR as a “Business Leader.” Not solely focused on compliance nor the chief administration officer; but business leaders first.
- Translating HR activities to Net Profit. Not HR for HR’s sake, but HR activities focused on business outcomes.
- Using Workforce Analytics turns HR leaders into business leaders. Using actionable workforce data to dictate the HR budget and workforce spending and investing. Using predictive analytics and not relying on outdated data reporting and lagging indicators. Predictive analytics embedded into everyday decision support tools, dashboards, and workflows for managers and power users. Growing emphasis on tools and technology for team leaders and power users. Significant investment in understanding benefits and healthcare costs and impact is a priority for 2016/2017 as well as the impact of total rewards and total compensation & benefits. For example: How to Engage Employees to Make Better Health decisions.
- Digital Transformation of HR. The digital transformation of HR is being led by industry platform marketplaces such as: ADP Marketplace, SalesForce.com Marketplace, Cornerstone Marketplace, Healthcare exchanges, and many, many more. Nearly e very major platform is creating a marketplace that connects technology through APIs, but there is not meaningful packaging nor bundling of technology for power users.
- Shift to the emphasis on coaching and total rewards. Coaches not cops. Education focused on defined contributions, total compensation and benefits (monetary and non-monetary).
- Solving the Needs of the HR Department of One. The HR Department of One is a growing community, with untapped potential.
Digital HR Transformation Snapshot:
Culture Change Snapshot:
Workforce Analytics Snapshot:
HR Impact Workforce Analytics Snapshot:
Solving the Needs of the HR Department of One
SHRM defines small businesses as those with less than 500 employees. As small businesses expand, the business complexity requires more robust "Beyond Payroll HR Services”.
The HR Department of One Market Snapshot:
- Underserved market beyond 50 employees
- Highly fragmented and complex vendor market
- Lack of industry centric prebuilt solutions
- Increasing complexity of the business requires outside support and expertise
- Committee buyer
In North America alone, this market is greater than a $10B annual market which includes robust technology such as consumerism driven HCM (Human Capital Management), WFM (Workforce Management), as well as BPO/HRO administration and support services from screening and hiring to career and financial management. Today, the average small business relies on 2 to 9 external vendors. Only 1 in 5 customers is satisfied with both the technology and services. 1 in 3 evaluate new solutions annually. Only 20% to 25% standardize on one technology platform.
The Top 5 Priorities of the HR Department of One Snapshot from #SHRM16
HR Impact Snapshot: Which problem do you want to solve today?
SHRM 2017 Annual Conference & Exposition
The SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition is the largest and best HR event in the world, providing your organization with the tools and resources you need to create and implement the successful HR practices that will ensure that your company will thrive.
June 18th thru the 21st, 2017 @ the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center @ 900 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, Louisiana 70130